CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Cinderella



I seriously wonder if something like a love of shoes can be an inherited trait. My grandmother and I compete to see who owns the most shoes. I have yet to win. She owns over 100 pairs and beats me every time. I realize she’s got a few years on me, but I feel the gap should be closing. Despite my incredible tendencies to buy shoes, I have only managed to keep the status quo. My sole consolation is due to the fact we wear the same size. She still owns some darling spike heels I am only to happy to borrow whenever I visit. Only to make sure the shoes aren’t consigned to live the remainder of their days in a box of course! I’m thinking only of those poor shoes and the miserable existence they could be stuck with. Now that Grandma is in her 80’s, she decided she wants to escape the possibility of a broken hip and retired a small pile of shoes. Though she retains ownership, I get wearer rights. That is a serious perk to our friendly competition. I knew some good came from the gene pool.

0 comments: