CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Drum Roll Please...



















I finally got to see the last two episodes of Project Runway. I missed them when they aired and I was Psyched to catch a re-run.

Tim Gunn traveled to the homes of the four finalists and we got a sneak peak at their collections. What I saw worried me. Two of the four finalists put together collections based on the Romantic Goth style. It gave me flashbacks to the season three finale when two competitors both created their lines around a safari theme. This time around I wanted more originality out of the designers. Christian, who was doing Romantic Goth, was already part of the final three, but there was hope that Chris, who was using the same theme, might still be eliminated.

Rami and Chris each showed three looks. The left two above are Rami's and the two on the right are Chris's. You'll notice that despite the fact that Rami did not do his entire line in a gothic style he still showed the judges the dark clothes from his collection.

Chris created his looks with odd material. He made an overlay on a skirt and the necklace out of safety pins (shown top). I thought that was creative. What disturbed me, was the use of human hair as a trim on the coat (also shown top). I considered that use of material creepy.

What bothered me about Rami was that he once again relied on his skill at draping. To be fair, he did try some new techniques, but after numerous complaints from the judges I was surprised he sent a dress out that was so reminiscent of ones he had done throughout the show.

In the end, Rami won the last spot at Fashion Week. The judges said that Chris made costumes while Rami designed clothes. Because the line between the two is so thin, I'll leave delineating it to the experts. I was just glad I wouldn't be inundated with two lines of clothes all done in black. Well, in all fairness, I was more than a bit relieved not to have to watch models strutting down the runway with human hair decorating their clothes, too.






0 comments: