CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

AUGH!!! Big Fashion No-No

I was rushing furiously down the path completely wrapped up in keeping papers and books from spilling out of the depths of my bag when I saw something that made me freeze where I stood. Could it be? Surely not. But it was! A long held childhood dream come true at last. Big Bird was a mere ten feet in front of me! Miraculous. And then, he turned...

AUGH! It wasn't even a boy. No, before me stood a girl in a ridiculously long yellow sweatshirt that hung to her knees with the hood pulled up. But it got worse. Apparently, she had just spotted a friend because she started jumping up and down with her arms flapping like a demented yellow canary attempting flight. The sleeves were certainly large enough to aid her in her endeavor.

Now, I know we all own a sweatshirt or two that we swiped from a significant other or our father. They are comfortable and great for lounging around the house as we are wont to do on occasion. Unfortunately, this sweater was clearly bought in the women's section. It was a light lemon color with Aeropostale emblazoned in baby blue on the front. Why anyone would buy a sweatshirt so horribly large it can be worn as dress I don't know. But it is a huge fashion don't!

Occasionally, your mood and the weather will necessitate the usage of a sweatshirt. I'm not saying they should never be worn. I just ask you to try to wear one that actually fits. Preferably, in such a way that doesn't make you resemble a Sesame Street character.

This section will likely become a series of fashion no-no's that I spot.

4 comments:

Todd Bursztyn said...

Hilarious post. I can't even count the number of ridiculous sweatshirt-dresses I've seen. The worst is when the girl is (presumably) wearing short shorts that are concealed beneath the billowing waist, creating a skanky bare-legged catastrophe of fashion.

In response to your comment on my post, "cyclonic" is indeed a word, meaning "of or related to a cyclone; acting as a destructive storm characterized by the rapid inward circulation of air masses about a low pressure center."

Subversive Me said...

There are so many fashion fiascos on this campus I'm surprised you even noticed Big Bird RC. Thank god I missed her.

The hyperlink confused me though. What was I supposed to be looking at?

Todd the term "skanky bare-legged catastrophe" was too funny.

TNLogan said...

Still laughing! Mostly because I've seen this sort of fashion fiasco time after time. Oh, the horror!

Christine M said...

I love a big comfy sweatshirt on a crappy day as much as the next girl, but I agree that there is a such thing as too big. Also, subdued colors make the decision to be a lazy dresser less noticable.