CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

AUGH!!! Big Fashion No-No

Quick! Someone call the police! I know that girl over there has somehow managed to climb Jack's beanstalk and steal the giants handkerchief! And now she is flaunting it as... ewww, a dress. Now, wearing them as bandanas is bad enough, but hunting down a giant hankie to make into a dress is disturbing on so many levels. At least when Scarlett O'Hara scavenged, she chose a material with some potential. I'll take green velvet over red paisley any day of the week.

To be fair, the dress style looked cute. Generally, You can't go wrong with a classic spaghetti strap, a-line skirt combination. Unless, you make it out of one the most unflattering materials known to mankind. And really, who wants to be reminded of their last head cold every time they look at you?

As I see it, there are two ways to fix this look. Grab a cowboy hat and a pair boots and head down to the ranch nearest you, or get some fabric dye and change the color of the dress. When dying it, remember to go with a dark color palette that will cover the details of paisleys.

2 comments:

Subversive Me said...

She didn't need the cops. She needed a fashion intervention. Some people have absolutely no clue.

Todd Bursztyn said...

Even though I couldn't possibly care less about fashion, I enjoy your blog for its humor and riotous allusions. I nearly tipped my chair over backwards when I read about the "Big Bird" giant sweatshirt fiasco, and the same near-humiliating injury occurred when I saw a "bandana dress" likened to the giant's hanky from Jack and the Beanstalk. Funny stuff. Keep it up!