CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Personal Faux Pas

It started as an average shopping trip. Every sale between one end of the mall to the other yielded finds of the best sort. Finally, at the end of the day, my best friend and I headed home broke and exhausted. It wasn't until I reached home and examined my haul that I realized I had broken one of the cardinal rules of practical shopping. I had purchased a good many pieces on sale, but not a one was a classic piece that would last longer than this season. So even though I bought all of these clothes that were awesome, in a few months I am going to have to replace them. When I do though, I'll foray back into the land of clothes I can keep for a couple years. Now, that doesn't mean I never buy anything trendy. I always have a few trendy pieces in my wardrobe. But, they're limited to ones that augment the basics I keep long term. I ought to have invested in a few more classic pieces this time and kept my seasonal buys to a minimum. So next time you go out shopping and are tempted by some crazy new patterns and styles, assess how long you'll be able to wear it. Compare that to the money you are going to spend. Then buy, if it is still worth it.

0 comments: