CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One Word: Goodwill

I know; I know. I probably sound like your father. "Why don't you shop at Goodwill like me? Think of all the money you would save." You take quick stock of how exceptionally unfashionable your father is, and know that you are never stepping foot in that store. Well, I am here to turn all your preconceptions upside down. Shopping at Goodwill is actually a good idea. Don't believe me? Here's a few tips to help change your mind and leave your pocketbook a mite heavier.

Most Targets donate their cloths from the sale racks to the Goodwill. That means you can buy them cheaper and they still have the tags on them. I got two pairs of Capri pants, one for 94 cents and the other for a mere $1.27. And if you think that's good...

My sister discovered a Louis Vuitton purse; not a knock-off, the real deal complete with key and serial number. Normally, those things can cost anywhere from $300 for a small clutch, to over $1000 dollars for a purse. The one my sister found was still in mint condition, and she got it for a mere fifty bucks. If she wanted to, she could sell it on e-bay for more than that!

An added benfit to shopping at the Goodwill stores is the fact that you get to help others through your monetary contributions as you enhance your wardrobe. There is nothing like doing a little good, while simultaneously having some retail therapy.

0 comments: