CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Costume or fashion?

The thing I have long feared finally occurred last week. Project Runway had a challenge that seemed to have less do with fashion as art and more to do with the ridiculous. Each designer had to pick one of the WWE Divas and create a wrestling costume for them to wear in the ring. Tim Gunn even said "He didn't want this one to be his (Romni's) downfall." It would seem one of the people notorious for his fashion sense saw this challenge as a joke. In fact, all the designers seemed to be in agreement that it would be an embarrassment to let this be the challenge that led to their elimination. Surprisingly, the designer sent packing was Ricki!

I do believe no one was as shocked as he was. His background lies in lingerie and he failed during the one challenge that has been closest to his line of regularity. He even said how, "I could give them tips, but why should I?" while talking about the other designers.

Apparently, he was the one in need of some serious advice. His look resembled a bathing suit more than a sexy costume at least according to Nina Garcia. I admit I agree. It was certainly something that should be sent to the Bahamas (if you don't mind a funky tan line). Overall, I would say his design didn't just miss the mark it disappeared into the wrong hemisphere. Doomed by overconfidence and unfunctionality

1 comments:

Todd Bursztyn said...

Sexy costume? Is this what the "designers" are aiming for? I always thought it was a fashion show (in which they are supposed to design fashionable clothes), but criticized the flamboyant designs as belonging to the masquerade set. But if this is the point, then I suppose my criticism should be retracted.